[aprssig] Dayton Arena APRS I-GATE

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu May 14 12:42:24 EDT 2015

On 5/14/2015 11:25 AM, Fredric Moses via aprssig wrote:
> We have setup the full service igate in the arena again this year.  W8FSM-14    Only this year we are using a WX3IN1 in the package with the UHF Voice Repeater on 442.350+ 107.2  instead of the kiss tnc and aprx software..  This is located in the north hall on an X50 on a booth that lets us have power and space like the past 4 years now..
>
> Also we paid for an ethernet drop from the arena this year instead of using 4g as in years past..  So far 1100 packets decoded in the first two hours it’s been running..
>
> --
> Fredric Moses - W8FSM - WQOG498
> fred at moses.bz

I've set your digi as "ground zero" for calculating the "Distances From" in the
Stations Heard list on my UI-webserver at:

      <http://wa8lmf.net/map>    (Click on "Special Events Webserver")

As of noon EDT Thurs 14 May, the webserver is showing 55 APRS stations heard
within 13 miles of the Hara Arena.

So far, my special events UI-Webserver (which is running on an elderly Dell 866
MHz Pentium III Mini-Tower maxed out with a whole 512K of RAM under Windows
uServer 2003 on a 768K UP cable modem connection) is holding up under about 10
hits per minute.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps
    <http://wa8lmf.net/map>

Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF