[aprssig] Dayton Onslaught Has Begun (Two Days Early)

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed May 13 17:03:40 EDT 2015

[Wednesday     13 May 2015  17:00 EDT / 2000 UTC]

Even through the Dayton Hamvention doesn't start until Friday, the arrivals
have begun.

My live Dayton area UIwebserver map at

     <http://WA8LMF.net/map>

has been pretty quiet the last three or four days. It has now lit up in the
last two hours or so with lots of out-of-towners.

Note that this map is being generated from about 250 miles away via the APRS-IS
feed only filtered for the Dayton area; i.e.not off-the-air via RF.  As a
result, there may be even more activity that isn't showing,  due to the local
igates being overloaded by the traffic.

I've been tryng to PING the mobiles I see arriving. Less than 1 in 10 are
responding.  The rest are apparently dumb (or should I say DEAF) transmit-only
trackers.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF