[aprssig] next beta build #61 of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client")

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon May 4 21:52:59 EDT 2015

On 5/4/2015 5:57 PM, Andrew P. wrote:

> It is quite annoying that Microsoft put spaces in the Program Files directory
> name. I'll add some bombproofing to the next plugin build so you could quote
> such directory names, i.e.
>
> C:\"Program Files"\espeak\espeak.exe
>
> but quoting won't work yet.

As you have quoted it, it won't work even if you do fix your program.

The quoting has to enclose the ENTIRE path string; i.e.

"C:\Program Files\espeak\espeak.exe"

Of course, one could avoid the whole issue by not blindly accepting the default
path proposed by the installer, based on \Program Files|.  Override the default
path and specify something directly off the root such as:

C:\espeak\espeak

so you DON'T have spaces in the path.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps
    <http://wa8lmf.net/map>

Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF