[aprssig] World Flight of Solar Impulse on APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Mar 10 13:21:48 EDT 2015

As the Solar Impulse comes over Hamdom, I hope APRS hams will take the time
to track it locally in their areas.

Nothing so impressive to see while mobile than something with the wingspan
of a 747 only a few thousand feet up and going only at 60 MPH.

We need a way (when it comes over us) to get these posits out to RF so
those mobiles actually OUTDOORs will get the posit even without their prior
knowledge so they can look up and SEE it.

The round the world trip has begun though it will be weeks? Before it gets
to the USA…

Here is the web page:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1097180_solar-impulse-electric-airplane-now-flying-around-the-world

Last time over the USA, I manually updated objects on APRS-RF when it was
in our RF area..

Must be a better way.

Bob, WB4aPR