[aprssig] ARISS igated location anomaly/discrepancy

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Jun 29 15:21:18 EDT 2015

On 6/29/2015 2:59 PM, Paul Bramscher via aprssig wrote:
> If I recall, Lynn said that there's some old/outdated APRS gating
> software out there that can't properly parse or encode packets.

Don't know what exactly you're remembering, but the only thing I can
recall saying similar to that is that AGWtracker, when acting as an
IGate, replaces the RF-received path with TCPIP* which makes all
APRS-IS-observing stations believe that the RF-received station is
actually directly connected to the APRS-IS and hides whatever
digipeaters (or satellites) may have been involved in that particular
packet transport.