[aprssig] APRS on FIeldday TOmorrow

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 26 17:58:52 EDT 2015

Don’t forget APRS at Field day.  I haven’t even looked how they are scoring
it this year, but it is a good time to sit at the keyboard and make
contacts.  I think anything using the existing network of digipeaters does
not count for points, but shuckes, who cares about points when there are so
many people on the air!

Also, don’t forget about the CQSRVR so you can call CQ everywhere from your
laptop and APRS station out in the field.  Just send a message to CQSRVR
with the first two words as CQ FD followed by your info.

Everyone in the world who has also sent such a message will be
automatically logged into the CQSRVR and will get a copy.  Also once you
have sent yours, then all future such messages will be copied back to you
too.

And once you see a callsign via this process, then MESSAGE them direct!

See http://aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

Bob, WB4APR