[aprssig] POCSAG Paging on APRS (new subject)

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Fri Jul 24 02:13:31 EDT 2015

On Jul 23, 2015, at 3:18 PM, Robert Bruninga via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:

> Have you ever seen such bulk availability?  If they are available in large quantities and you think this is a good idea, I can contribute some $ upfront if it will help.

I looked at this in depth last year. I'm playing with a rather comprehensive RV management system, and I wanted a way to send alerts like alarms via RF. I decided PICSAG would be too much work with too little assurance of success to be worth the effort, so I settled on packet to a VX-9 on a simplex freq. I'd much rather have a small beeper than the VX on my belt. It is about time for beepers to be retro-cool now anyway!

So I'd throw some money at this project too if someone decided to take it on.

Steve K4HG