[aprssig] APRS-IS Database :: Query for static dataset

Nagi Punyamurthula n0agi at n0agi.com
Sun Jul 19 09:16:41 EDT 2015

Hello all
Is there a way to pull a static snapshot dataset from APRS-IS Database.  That is, connect --> get dataset (based on a few filters) --> disconnect. The purpose of this is to get a historical snapshot of data from the APRS-IS Database pool.  Is this query exposed today in APRS-IS infrastructure; or does one need to implement our own repository logic?

I have been able to pull realtime JIT data via establishing a TCP connection to the server pool on port 14580. So, I know we can do that.  But, I was not sure if it is possible to pull static historical dataset and *whether if that static view was even kept in the APRS-IS database pool*.

Any pointers here from the APRS-IS gurus

Thanks
Nagi

73, N0AGI-Nagi
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D08197.994BC970]