[aprssig] ARISS igated location anomaly/discrepancy

kc8sfq at mei.net kc8sfq at mei.net
Thu Jul 9 22:05:15 EDT 2015

You're right, John. Cool add. Even if they never mention Ham
Radio.
++++++++++++
> Hello to the group
>  My name
is John and my call is W0JW. As Alan has said, I have received no
> response yet from my post to the UISS group, as to the problem with
my
> gated packets. So, I would like to try and run a few
different setups and
> see if there is any improvements. The setup
I was running when the problem
> was reported to me was UISS,UZ7HO
and Satgate version 2.0 (which I just
> started using not long
ago). I have reverted back to Satgate version 1.3.

will try running this setup on a couple of passes of NO-84 satellite
this
> evening (7/9/15 utc I've never payed attention do you guys
use utc or
> local?)) and I would like reports as to whether this
helps or not. This
> will actually be the same setup that I have
used for quite some time so it
> will be interesting if the
problem continues.

>                       Keepin my
fingers crossed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxU1ZhINaHk

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:52 AM, Alan via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org>
wrote:

>> I just saw W0JW's post for help on the
UISS mailing list, so he is
>> actively working to resolve the
problem.  He hasn't gotten a reply yet,
>> but
>> at
least it is out there.

>> <to KISS mode on the
TNC if the software can handle it).

>> I have
used UISS lightly, nonIgate, with software TNCs which use KISS
>> with
>> no problem.

73s,