[aprssig] APRStt

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Jan 23 16:46:28 EST 2015

Steve K4HG wrote...

> a touchscreen is easier and more versatile...

We already have that with the colour touch-screen on the Yaesu
FTM-400D, and the FT2DR HT with the touch-screen will be out
about the end of February. Text messages could be sent in digital
format, or as an APRS message. Of course, with these radios (and
the non-touch-screen FT1DR) the user could also take a snapshot
of the event and send a picture of it too.

I can still dream about controlling everything on some future
radio by Bluetooth using an app on the iPhone though.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH
UI-View32