[aprssig] weak signal ISS packet (APRStt)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 23 09:31:10 EST 2015

Go get 'em Steve!
And as Steve says, to lead APRS in a new direction, what you need is a
KILLER app, and something EVERY ham can use.

And we have had that in the wings since 2001.  And it is called APRStt.

It lets EVERY ham with ANY FM mobile or HT join in the full APRS
experience.  They just send their call from DTMF memory and See the APRS
incoming information via VOICE Synthesis.  It lets 100% of club members
input data at events and 100% then "see" the APRS tactical picture.  Not
just the 5% with APRS radios.

If you want to contribute something new and exciting, and low cost, put up
an APRStt translator.  Byonics makes the basics module for $30.!

See http://aprs.org/aprstt.html

And I am working feverishly on an APRStt for our next satellite.  Not only
can the Kenwood and APRS radios have worldwide APRS coverage, but ANYONE
with an HT and DTMF memory can play too.

The reason it is a killer app, is because only ONE person per club has to
build a local APRStt translator, then EVERYONE in their club, with ZERO
investment can use it and join the global APRS connectivity!

Bob, Wb4APR