[aprssig] making AGWPE work with an Icom IC-7100

John Wiseman john.wiseman at cantab.net
Sun Jan 18 04:44:14 EST 2015

Andrew,

How are you trying to key the radio? The 7100 doesn't support RTS or DTR
keying, only CI-V, and I'm pretty sure agwpe doesn't support CI-V.

I have written a program that converts changes to RTS on a Virtual COM port
to CI-V PTT Commands. See
http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/CAT7200.html

It was originally written for the 7200, hence the name, but works with the
7100 if you set the right CI-V address.

I've found the the UZ7HO soundmodem works rather better than AGWPE. It uses
the same interface as AGWPE so is a direct replacement.

http://uz7.ho.ua/packetradio.htm

73, John

  _____