[aprssig] Multi-satellite work

pfbram at comcast.net pfbram at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 12:59:12 EST 2015

Thanks-- I'll make the attempt but suspect it could be awhile until the timing is just right.

During the ISS pass this morning ~ 8 am CDT, I saw NO-44 at the fringe on my radio horizon and heard it squawk a bit. Couldn't decode anything, and it usually sounds hoarse. According to my app, the ISS orbits at ~ 417 km, and NO-44 at ~ 793 km -- right now, anyway. So the closest they can theoretically get is somewhere around 376 km depending on how elliptical things are. Under ideal circumstances, I suppose the theoretical maximum would be whatever is the furthest possible line of sight given those elevations?

I'll take what I can get in between. Since people can work NO-44 directly from the ground, 800+ km ISS -> NO-44 seems quite reasonable if its power permits.

73, KD0KZE / Paul