[aprssig] APRStt 4 digit grid squares...justification

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Feb 16 14:03:15 EST 2015

On Feb 16, 2015, at 12:35 PM, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Feb 16, 2015, at 7:38 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
>>

>> Then making a DTMF contact is as easy as pressing ONE BUTTON.
>
> If it's so easy, why use a solution that is obfuscated, inflexible, incomplete, imprecise, etc, just to save a key press or two on initial data entry?  Especially when multiple solutions without those failings were presented?

Much as I love to give Bob a hard time, I have enormous respect for him. No one, perhaps in all human history, has had as much success at kludging things together. I certainly don't know anyone else who has a kludge in the Smithsonian, especially literally in the shadow of the space shuttle Discovery.

http://www.findu.com/shuttle-pcsat.jpg

My job is to tell him when his kludges go to far. Like this one!

Steve K4HG