[aprssig] Radio Shack demise - 11 meter to 10m conversions!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Feb 14 12:22:00 EST 2015

 Get off this idea and let’s move on to doing it on 10 meters where there
is SO much room above 29 MHz that you can pretty much set up and do
anything you want consistent with the ARRL band plan.

> CB radios can be converted and moved up. I have a 40 year old Midland that
> was converted by simply changing out the crystal that mixed everything
> together and VOILA!: a 10 meter AM/SSB radio…

Now THAT really appeals to me.  Thats the kind of grass roots projects I
like.  What we need is a web page collecting all the possible conversions
and if we are only trying to convert to ONE frequency, then all we need to
do is figure out the master oscillator crystal for each radio brand that
will move the radio there.

I'll host the web page if people can send me the links to conversions.

Bob