[aprssig] Does the text "EMERGENCY" mean the real thing?

Ronny Bolsega kg7aronny at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 13:57:58 EDT 2014

Hi Curt,  I’m glad you mentioned the info on the beacon msg with the word Emergency!  I recently purchased a Yaesu VX-8GR with the beacon.  I’m using the smart beacon but my text says my call KG7A and Test.  I’m still kind of new to APRS and wish there was a tutorial for this subject on the HT and Mobile radios with APRS.  You mentioned the Mic-E which I remember hearing it but never really learned it.  I’m still willing to read on with TAPR APRS on this subject.  So if you have any input on a group or tutorial on this, I would really appreciate this with all respect.  Thanks for you info Kurt and please advise…

Vy  73,  Ronny  KG7A