[aprssig] New Icons for APRS software?

Andrew Pavlin AndrewEMT at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 11:15:50 EDT 2014

I concur, Jason.

In my commercial work, I also had to use a 3rd-party commercial mapping product that used a custom font for Points Of Interest. If the font wasn't properly installed on a given client, you would see random punctuation marks scattered across the map (the ASCII equivalent of the custom dingbat font characters), for which of course the customer would write a trouble ticket. And, since we were supporting multiple client systems, there was no universal solution for all of them, and the font installation usually required intervention by the system administrators, who were not amused at all the extra work this vendor was causing them.

Easier just to draw them in the application.

Andrew, KA2DDO