[aprssig] New Icons for APRS software?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:33:10 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Stephen H. Smith <wa8lmf2 at aol.com> wrote:
> Another intriguing possibility for vector-based source images is to export
> them as individual characters in a Postscript, TrueType or OpenType font.
> These font formats are actually an array of tiny scalable vector images.

I dealt with some commercial CAD software that worked this way - it
was a colossal pain in the neck making sure the special font was in
the right place.  It was an X11 application, so the app didn't work
when displayed remotely without a lot of effort, and of course my
users wanted to run it remotely.

don't play games with fonts and get the OS involved, just put a vector
graphic in the application install and treat it like the thing it is -
an image.

-Jason
kg4wsv