[aprssig] program for linix

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Wed May 21 19:56:18 EDT 2014

On 22/05/14 09:37, Max Harper wrote:
> The only thing that I have found that works is to run both APRX and
> Xastir along with AX25. AX25 talks to the TNC and APRX and Xastir
> connect to AX25. The way I have it configured is APRX really does all
> the digi and igate functions. Xastir just displays what is received by
> the TNC. You could configure it different and have Xastir do some of
> the work. It all runs headless and I use VNC and SSH to access it. I
> added a script that APRX runs approximately once per hour to show
> uptime. I also have my weather station connected through APRX with a
> different SSID. You can look at  the raw data for KG4PID-14 and 15.
>
> Max

That's the beauty of using applications that can talk to the kernel ax25
stack, they can all share the same radio ports.

Don't overlook xastir's server port (2023 by default) that permits
displaying of the xastir-observed traffic on another instance of xastir
on another computer. The remote xastir can run headless and mapless but
send data to other machines on a network - LAN or elsewhere. That port
can also be used to upload beacons to xastir. I use it to upload wx
beacons from local airport wx stations.

Ray vk2tv