[aprssig] APRS Symbol Updates 2014!

Andrew Pavlin AndrewEMT at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 15:53:02 EDT 2014

Hi, Bob.

Per our discussion at Dayton, you forgot to add fish and/or whales to your new symbols, re: your whale-tracking project. :-)

Will this be fully backwards-compatible with the existing symbol set? Remember all those antique stations out there that aren't upgraded. There were some problems with your currently posted APRS 1.2 proposed extended symbols that conflicted with existing usages (ex.: D-star gateways as D&).

Just a few observations....

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC, which supports the non-conflicting proposed APRS 1.2 symbols