[aprssig] Dayton Hamvention Special Event APRS UI-Webserver Now Back Online

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat May 17 12:48:52 EDT 2014

I guess the TOTAL RF ONSLAUGHT of APRS stations at Dayton was too much for my
special events UI-Webserver!

The hard disk on my special events server (separate machine from my main
HF-VHF-ISS Satgate UI-Webserver setup) expired sometime between 2AM and 8AM EDT
today. Woke up this morning to see the server completely dead.

I just changed out the hard disk for another that had an identical setup.  The
special event server is now back on the air (or rather on the Internet).

The setup is using just an Internet feed from first.aprs.net filtered for a 6-
mile (10 KM) radius around the Hara Arena Hamvention venue.   I've also
underlaid a greatly-improved aerial photo beneath the Precision Mapping road
layers since the restart.

Again, take a look at:

     <http://wa8lmf.net/map> and click on the "Special Events" link.

 From time to time, I will zoom the display out for a larger area view that
includes the motels along the two major Interstate highways, especially after
the venue closes, around 6:00 PM.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

  Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF
     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps
    http://wa8lmf.net/ham/imic.htm
    http://wa8lmf.net/ham/uca202.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths