[aprssig] Fwd: Re: [UI-View] Interesting APRS RF Behavior at Dayton....

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Fri May 16 23:15:28 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Randy Love" <rlove31 at gmail.com>
Date: May 16, 2014 11:13 PM
Subject: Re: [UI-View] Interesting APRS RF Behavior at Dayton....
To: <ui-view at yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "Fred Moses" <fred at moses.bz>

W8FSM-14 is hearing plenty. It's just our Internet is via Verizon 4G card
and our APRS-IS injects aren't beating the other igates because of the
delay due to cellular saturation in the area of the arena. We tried to get
an Internet drop from Hara well before the event,  but they never returned
our calls. It is a full service igate (bidirectional) and contained in a
small package along with a fully linked analog uhf voice repeater at the
booth in the North Hall.

As for why it is digipeating, this was to allow users inside the arena a
chance to get readable signals to those outside the arena and to local
igates in the event that our Internet link fails.

Randy
WF5X