[aprssig] Balloon Launch- Harpers FY, Sat AM

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri May 2 15:48:21 EDT 2014

APRS Balloon Launch Saturday, 3 May

IF all goes well, some USNA students will be launching an APRS balloon from
near  Harpers Ferry (WV) so that it lands somewhere just east of Lancaster
PA..  My best guess is to be looking for something on the air by 10 AM.
Ill try to send APRS bulletins on the air once I figure out what they are
doing.  Balloon will be on 144.39 with the callsign W3ADO-11

Due to winds, the balloon will go faster than we can drive from the launch
site, so we welcome Hams to be ready for it in advance.

Coordination will be done by messages and bulletins on 144.39 in the local
areas though reliability is uncertain.

Bob, WB4APR