[aprssig] OT Soundmodem packet program

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Mon Mar 3 00:29:00 EST 2014

Hi All:

I have xastir running really well with soundmodem on linux.  I'd like to
also find a packet terminal program so users could use the same config
and use regular ax25 packet systems.  I have avoided the ax25 tools
since that makes another ifconfig device and seems like more confusion
than needed, where xastir can use the simple KISS device that stays
clear of the tcp/ip stack.

The problem is, I don't know of any packet terminal software (ui or gui)
for contemporary linux's!

I know I could build jnos, but that in itself is extremely complicated
for the average user. . .

I had some tips from the debian-ham group, but all of those leads failed
to pan out for one reason or other.

So is there a linux terminal program that can use the KISS device and
run on later distros of Ubuntu/Mint?

Thank you

73

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the acer w/thunderchicken3