[aprssig] M0XER-4 balloon approaching Greenland?

Steve steve at daniels270.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 20:05:04 EDT 2014

A station in Greenland recorded the audio as did not have any way to decode
APRS, it was transmitted on 2M. it was sent to DL7AD for decoding and
submitting

We are not allowed to transmit from the air as radio amateurs in the UK but
we can use an unlicenced part of 70cm but limited to 10mW, it works well.

Leo M0XER used a APRS VHF map of the world I created, to frequency switch as
the balloon traversed the world. So other than Receiving it going out and
coming in, I had a very small part.

Also the balloon sent data it had stored when out of range so it did jump
around a little

Updates to the map are of course welcome
http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:frequenciesn it’s a copyright free map, feel
free to use, and contact me to update

Steve G6UIM

  _____