[aprssig] SSTV on Balloon

Bruce W. Martin aprs at almostanywhere.com
Mon Jul 28 12:01:12 EDT 2014

We are planning a balloon flight in the near future and one of the payloads is will be the Slow Scan TV Camera module from Argent Data Systems. My question is what frequency should I transmit the SSTVCam data on? I think I would prefer to use UHF so that I do not interfere with the APRS tracker that will also be an included payload. Should I just use one of the 70cm ATV channels? I am considering one of the Alinco DJ-S41 radios.

I don’t want to be one of those guys suffering the slings and arrows on the list because I chose unwisely.

Any sage advice out there?

Bruce

--
Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV