[aprssig] Roundthe-world approaching Cancouver Island now!

Paul Bramscher pfbram at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 21:59:53 EDT 2014

Is there a mathematical or path-hop basis to the larger 577 circle?

I'm still checking the site I found today
(http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/250hPa/orthographic=-112.51,48.70,1821)
and it looks to me like my chance all hinges on how soon the balloon
swings east (assuming it does so).  If it goes too far north first, I
predict it'll be too wide an arc to the north and east for me.

If this were a winter launch, things would be more in my favor.  We here
in Minnesota frequently get alot of Canadian weather, the meteorologists
call it the so-called Alberta Clipper.  It would send the balloon right
to us.

(Riding the Clipper would be an excellent winter balloon project for an
amateur group in Canada.  But please send us hand-warmers and some
Unibroue, not -25 Fahrenheit...)  :-D

73,
Paul / KD0KZE