[aprssig] Low Alt aircraft path

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Fri Jul 18 15:06:00 EDT 2014

Our problem for airplanes with only WIDE2-1 is so many of our airports are not well covered by a full WIDEn-N/SSn-N digi, but they are well covered by a fill-in WIDE1-1 digi (which is heard by a IGate).  Around California a path of just WIDE1-1 is usually enough (to reach the local area and the internet).

73, Cap KE6AFE