[aprssig] Low Alt aircraft path

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 18 02:39:50 EDT 2014

I agreee.  A single WIDE2-1.

Works the same as WIDE1-1 (the actual intent) but does not key up every
WIDE1-1 station over hundreds of square miles.  For example, when my
WIDE1-1 at home keys up, it wipes our TV audio for 1 second.  Wife HATES
that.

But for the rare occasional mobile that needs it, no big deal.  But being
keyed up by an airplane for over an hour flying a hundreds miles away is
irritationg.

Bob