[aprssig] DIGIPEATER Callsigns (by location)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 18 02:01:52 EDT 2014

While driving in the wilderness in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho, I was
reminded how nice it is when DIGIPEATERS ID with their location name
instead of callsign.

When I get back, I am going to revise ALL my recommendation pages over the
years to reflect this.

Nothing like seeing TETON show up as a digi, when I am driving through the
Tetons for example.

My  one worry  is people who think everyone knows the name of their little
mountain when no one beyond their own club does... IE, PLEASE chose a
geographic name that would be recognized or at least figured out by an out
of state mobile travler.  Not maybe the actual (obscure) name of the local
mountain.

And then include the actuall callsign at the end of the packet...

Bob