[aprssig] Low Alt aircraft path

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Jul 16 21:11:55 EDT 2014

On 7/16/2014 5:57 PM, Randy Allen wrote:

> One of his concerns is that some of the small airports he uses away
> from home are in areas without Digi coverage at ground level and
> thinks that no path would not allow him to get a packet out when
> landed and parked.

If there's no digi coverage at ground level, the path you specify won't
matter.  Paths aren't going to create digipeaters out of thin air.  They
just request that certain types of digipeaters repeat the packet.

Personally, I suspect that even at 50 to 100 feet above ground, you
probably have better coverage than the local WIDE1 digipeaters.  And
it's probably not necessary to know exactly were the airplane is parked,
especially in smaller airports!