[aprssig] Paths - Solution proposal

Jeff Dugas (Mobile) N5TEV at CompuServe.com
Sun Jul 13 12:20:38 EDT 2014

I must agree with Bob.

The sender of the packet should control where it goes.  There is already basic guidance out there, specifically on the APRS web site (http://www.aprs.org).

Specific guidance on paths is provided ( http://www.aprs.org/fix14439.html)  as well as for balloons/aircraft (http://www.aprs.org/balloon).

Depending on the purpose of the communication, The sender may have a bona fide need for a specific path, or no path at all.

If I want to send a letter to Aunt Annie, I address it specifically to her.  If I am a congressman who wants to send a something to everyone in my in my district, I address it accordingly.  And any situation in between.

The aforementioned analogy is not perfect, but suffice it to say, when communicating, it is up to the sender to determine the proper audience.

Jeff
N5TEV