[aprssig] Crowdsourcing weather page

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 14:01:28 EST 2014

If you're going down that road, might I suggest moving to an AJAX/Web2.0
style MVN on the client side, where the data is delivered in JSON and
the client is responsible for formatting and presentation.
I'm still in the infant stages of doing that type of GUI design, but I
can certainly see a lot of the advantages and reasons that the "new"
crop of web designers are moving to making the client do the heavy
lifting of layout and presentation.  It reduces server load a fair
amount, since the server only needs to generate a simple string instead
of a dynamic web page...

Just a thought.  Really, if you just provide a JSON API, multiple people
could work on UIs for it.  You can protect the API via simple auth if
you were concerned about millions of hits for JSON data coming from all
over the web.

John Gorkos