[aprssig] Announcing Events - Etiquette

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Jan 25 18:32:35 EST 2014

Stephen WA8LMF wrote...

> I'd love to have something like this as a UI-View plug-in.

Not a UI-View plug-in, but for years, I have ran a script on
my IRLP node (it could be on any Linux box) that generates
an object for our weekly meetings. Once a month it is a
regular club meeting. The other weeks it is a get-together and
a usually a technical talk on a particular subject. The script is
run by a cron job at a slow rate Thursday pm and at a faster
rate on Friday, the morning of the meeting, and then the object
is later killed. The object gives the location, nature of meeting,
the local repeater frequency. It is sent via TCPIP to the
APRS-IS and gated to RF by UI-View.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH