[aprssig] IC-706 CT-17 cable

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sat Jan 25 16:38:31 EST 2014

Yep!

The Prolific, manufacturer of the "real" chips, keeps producing updated
software to outsmart the Chinese imitators hardware.
Windows gets and installs the latest "correct" software, which the
Chinese hardware won't cooperate with. Bugger!
Search online for an old version of the "real" software, which will work
with the Chinese hardware. I did this for my Icom IC-R2 scanner, my
Baofeng UV-5R handheld and a "green" mains power monitor. Install the
old software version and instruct Windoze to never update it.

The version of software that works for me is Prolific v3.2.0.0 dated
31-07-2007.

Ray vk2tv