[aprssig] ic-706 mk2 cat cable

John Wiseman john.wiseman at cantab.net
Fri Jan 24 04:02:00 EST 2014

Jaye,

The IC706 MK2 does not support PTT over CAT, just frequency and mode
control, so he will need a hardware PTT interface, as well as the audio
interface.

You can get USB to TLL serial converters, which could be used to build a
combined CI-V data interface and an RTS controlled PTT. (CI-V is a 5 volt
TTL level bus). I've used this one (though not for CI-V)

http://www.tronisoft.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=53&produc
t_id=21

73,
John G8BPQ