[aprssig] ic-706 mk2 cat cable

Kent khufford at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jan 23 21:30:13 EST 2014

To start with.  To do CAT, you need a CI-V interface cable.  You can get these with USB ends. 

Then to do digital modes you need a interface between the radio mic/speaker and the input to the computer sound card. 

Or you can get a SignalLink that has a USB to the computer and minidin 6 data port connection to the radio. 

You still need the CI-V interface for CAT


> On Jan 23, 2014, at 21:19, MJ Inabnit <ke6sls at arrl.net> wrote:
> Hi all:
> Have a friend here that owns the 706.  I'm getting him started in digital modes etc and never really tried to use CAT with this radio.  The manual is kind of ambiguous and would like to know if anyone here has actually done this and what is required using Vista.  I hope it can use a USB cable since his laptop has no serial port.  However, maybe one of the USB/serial adapters might have to be used.  I'd really appreciate any pointers and help.  The info I've found so far is rather dated.
> Thank you,
> 73
> -- 
> wishing you well
> Jaye, ke6sls--via the acer w/thunderchicken3
> _______________________________________________
> aprssig mailing list
> aprssig at tapr.org
> http://www.tapr.org/mailman/listinfo/aprssig

More information about the aprssig mailing list