[aprssig] How To Use APRS With Some Peace Of Mind - SOB

WD8ARZ wd8arz at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 20 14:46:22 EST 2014

This email was not about those with access, experience and to systems to
do what you did. What you did by not having cause probably generates
concerns about your behavior. What you and the system dont know is how
up to date and accurate is that data, as it is not current as of this time.

My email was more about those who capture the location data of APRS and
use it to time ill well on your well being, or locations, that are
location and time sensitive. You know, what APRS is about. The public
can copy APRS signals as well as hams. It is not about who I am or how
easy it is in this world today to invade some ones privacy with out
merit ... such as what you did. It was generate by an APRS user on a
different web site having concerns about purchasing Android APRS
programs and the requited steps to go about it.

Yep, APRS location data can also be faked. It isnt hard to put in manual
coordinates and send it on its merry way ... ever been to China by car?

What I understand or dont is an assumption on your part that I need to
be educated in this area. Of course a wrong assumption, and more about
what your needs and behavior type is about. If your were that sensitive
about it, you would have contacted me directly ....

You have created suspicions about your behavior that make me
uncomfortable to use your Java applet ....  not to mention a chill on
participation in efforts to share info strategies about our hobby.

My topic was about an ant hill, dont need to go climb that mountain. Its
obvious there are problem folks out there who will abuse the system,
like you just did.

Bill - Out .........