[aprssig] Confused About Setting APRS Path On FT1D

Dave Torrey kd8gbh at woodsidelane.net
Tue Feb 25 16:02:29 EST 2014

Shouldn't the WIDE2 component appear on the path without an asterisk?
Otherwise, how would the next tier of digis know to repeat it?

Something like these:

2014-02-22 09:44:51 EST: KD8GBH-9>TW0W2V,W8CDZ-2,WIDE1*,WIDE2-1,qAR,KD8JAM-1:`t>Cn>vu\`"6.}Suburban_"
2014-02-22 09:46:42 EST: KD8GBH-9>TW0W2P,KC8RGO,WIDE1,W8CDZ-2,WIDE2*,qAR,KD8JAM-1:`t=-nq<u\`"60}Suburban_"
2014-02-22 09:47:35 EST: KD8GBH-9>TW0V9X,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,KD8GBH-1:`t<kn]cu\`"6=}Suburban_"

The first was gated after the WIDE1 digi, the second after the WIDE2
digi, and the last directly on first broadcast.

Dave
KD8GBH