[aprssig] The panel

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Feb 2 22:38:21 EST 2014

On Feb 2, 2014, at 10:10 PM, Mark Cheavens <mcheavens at usa.net> wrote:

> I did not miss the announcement. But when tested it did not work (and still does not).
>
> While it does for:
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=kc5eve-14&last=24&tz=-7
>
> It does NOT for:
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/rain.cgi?call=kc5eve-14&last=48&xsize=400&ysize=300&tz=-7
>
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/temp.cgi?call=kc5eve-14&last=96&xsize=400&ysize=300&tz=-7
>
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/baro.cgi?call=kc5eve-14&last=96&xsize=400&ysize=300&tz=-7
>
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/tele1.cgi?call=PURG&last=96&param=2&b=.072254&label=Purg%20RPT%20Battery%20Voltage&units=volts&autorange=1&tz=-7

The difference is these all return images rather than web pages. The timezone magic requires javascript which you cannot embed in an image, so these can never have automatic timezone functionality. The tz parameter does work, but not the way you assumed.

As I mentioned before, javascript uses a nonstandard way of reporting timezones, minutes subtracted from UTC. Since the URL is built by javascript I use their standard in the image-creating cgis. So if you want what is conventionally called UTC-7, the javascript equivalent is UTC+420. This should give you what you want:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/rain.cgi?call=kc5eve-14&last=48&xsize=400&ysize=300&tz=420

Telemetry has not been affected by the timezone development. I’ll have to think if it is possible to implement in a reasonable amount of time. Even if I can, it will be a low priority as telemetry is used 1/2000th as much as wxpage. The new panel cgis are already at 1/5th the traffic level.

Steve K4HG