[aprssig] What is "TNC Channel Switching"? (Ray Wells)

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Apr 14 18:20:04 EDT 2014

On 15/04/14 03:24, Rick Bogdan wrote:
> Ray, I'm not sure.  I think it did but a few of us decided to switch
> the Tiny 2's to a KISS only eprom as it worked better.
> That was a while ago and I just don't remember...
> Rick ka1udx

Rick,

No arguments from me about the KISS only EPROM working better. I once
ran a big BBS with 6 radio ports.

My Tiny2 is also fitted with KISS only, same as my 5xMFJ1270B's and even
my old paperweight, the TNC220, but that image was from John Wiseman
(G8BPQ) about a hundred years ago!

I did run a 1270B with a 27512 EPROM but it had two switchable images,
one for Native mode and one for KISS. The switch mounted where one of
the front panel screws went.

Ray vk2tv