[aprssig] D72 Speaker died?

Charles Doughtie n5exy at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 18:14:23 EDT 2014

Where have you been? That has been a common problem with the D72 - I went through three of them with speakers that lasted about an hour out of the box. I sure was glad that I bought from the local toy store instead of online shipment. It still was a bunch of trouble to have one fail shortly after I got it home, then go back to the store.

There is a list of affected serial numbers somewhere in cyberspace. Kenwood might warranty yours. The speaker is available and lotsa guys say it is an easy r/r job.

de Charlie, N5EXY, Grid EM10fl,
South Suburban Greater Hutto

A             gun is like a parachute.   If you need one, and don't have one,             you'll never need one             again.

The White House says it’s surpassed its goal for people enrolled in Obamacare. It’s amazing what you can achieve if you make something mandatory, fine people if they don't, then keep extending the deadline.