[aprssig] Balloon launch SUnday Southern PA

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Apr 5 18:09:10 EDT 2014

Balloon chase Sunday morning, Southern PA:

Should hear it over all Midatantic states!

Our balloon will be launched near Chambersburg, PA  9 AM? and will fly
across southern PA landing somehwehre near Newark, DE.

It will fly faster than the launch team, so we hope other hams will get to
the recovery site before we do and catch it on the way down.

But when you find it, leave it be, so our students can recvover it.

Balloon is W3ADO-11 and will switch to CRASH symbol when near the ground
and using WIDE1-1 path.    Will use no path at higher altitudes.

Will be on 144.39

Our repeater list is as follows:

100  Chambersburg 443.700+ tone 131

101  Haggerstown  442.650+ tone 79