[aprssig] [APRS] Announcement of WA1PLE-15 digipeater in SW Boston Area

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Sep 24 13:17:26 EDT 2013

Thanks for the question.  That is the fun part!

The Repeater Object you want to “advertise” is the one that you would
recommend to a traveler entering the area and just wanting to TALK to
people in the area.  These days, with PL, it is nearly impossible for a
traveler to play radio while mobile in a new area without knowing this
critical info.  So it is your call.  If you were entering the **coverage
area of this digi** what repeater would  you have the best chance of
finding someone.  That is the one to advertise.

Fortunately, in a KPC-3, you actually have room for 3 such frequency
objects if needed.  They TX simplex direct once every 10 minutes (and only
when the channel as heard by the digi is clear).  Hence great info, in
real-time, but at no cost to the load on the channel.

Bob, WB4APR