[aprssig] Another inconsiderate balloon

Steve Daniels steve at daniels270.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Sep 13 16:36:30 EDT 2013

I think Lynn's graphic should be widely available to demonstrate why paths
at altitude are a bad idea. Obscuring the callsign of course.

Maybe a visual showing of what happens might get the idea across better than
text

I know of at least one manufacturer of APRS trackers for balloons, that has
coded altitude switchable path settings into their trackers.

Not sure if anyone has done longitude switchable frequencies for
Transatlantic attempts, but that would not be hard for some trackers.

A plug for BigRedBee there:-) I have used Greg's trackers my G6UIM-9 is an
ex balloon tracker. The kit is good and the customer service excellent

Steve Daniels

Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

Torbay Freecycle  Owner

  _____