[aprssig] number of objects / items announced by station

Kristoff Bonne kristoff.bonne at skypro.be
Mon Sep 2 18:05:46 EDT 2013

Hi,

As our club is participating in the fieldday next weekend, I have been
asked to announce the station via APRS and/or APRS-IS:

See here:
http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FFD%3DON4OS&timerange=3600&tail=3600

Now, talking about this with some fellow hams, it would perhaps also be
interesting to announce the other fieldday stations in our region (or in
all of Belgium) too.

So, my question:
is there a limit on the number of objects/items that can be announced by
an APRS station (on RF or on the net?)

Based on the information I receive, there are some 30 fieldday station
in all of ON. (5 of them in the coastal region).

BTW. Is the information still correct that a fieldday station should be
announced as FD=<callsign> and that the symbol is a tent?

73
kristoff - ON1ARF