[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 111, Issue 1

Dave Haynes dave at ep90.com
Sun Sep 1 19:20:12 EDT 2013

On 01/09/13 22:48, Jason Low wrote:

> You can provide a public page where people can view your "real-time"
> progress (at least as close to real time as it gets - my device only
> updates once per 10 minutes regardless of your speed, direction, etc.,
> no such thing as a "smart beaconing" equivalent). I wonder if there
> could be some kind of XML feed that SPOT would be willing to publish for
> that page.

It's fairly simple to scrape the tracking data from your personal page
and publish it elsewhere. I've done it previously to support an off-road
race team, so fans could track progress 'live' on the team website.

They do (or did) seem to make regular minor changes to their site,
presumably to make this sort of thing tricky. I don't remember if there
was abetter way to do it, but if there was, it wasn't free.

Dave