[aprssig] APRS / SkyCommand Progress Since and Tips

WD8ARZ wd8arz at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 28 14:42:21 EDT 2013

It isnt the APRS baud rate that is the issue. It is the serial cable
between the dual bander and the hf rig.

  Kenwood was way to shy on providing complete workable instructions for
the first time user to setup and get working SkyCommand .... especially
the difference in setup between different radios and the differences in
the keypad operation of SkyCommand.

A null modem serial cable is connected between the db9 connector on the
TS-480 and the TMD700A / TMD710A. This is where the lack of info and
incorrect info for the baud rate settings keep most folks from getting
past the initial sync of the dual bander to the TS-480. Until you get
that sync, not nothing else is going to happen with SkyCommand.

Try it out, its fun.

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ