[aprssig] APRS Symbol Set Redraw Project

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Oct 14 13:08:21 EDT 2013

The original was an Excel spreadsheet.  I'm sure I have it around somewhere.

The numbering was based on MIL STD 2525B, and if it's not clear from the
document, it's a hierarchical system designed such that you don't have
to have an icon defined for every possible code.  For example, you can
differentiate a class A RV from a class C RV, but your client doesn't
need a separate icon for each - it knows that anything under 3.2.1.1.5
is an RV of some sort.  Or maybe it only goes as far as 3.2.1 for land
vehicles if it has a really limited icon set, but the generic icon
should still be appropriate for the general type.

Scott
N1VG