[aprssig] Public Icon Set

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Tue Oct 8 03:36:21 EDT 2013

I'm in on a properly drawn new icon set for APRS, if it can be used
commercially...

* Scott Miller <scott at opentrac.org> [2013-10-08 06:27]:
> [...] pixel art, which is probably what you want for icons this size.

> On 10/7/2013 6:06 PM, John Gorkos wrote:
> >The ones we're currently using are nice, but how cool would it be
> >to have something like 3D shaded models that are fully described
> >and can be either pre-rendered and loaded as Icons, or even
> >rendered on the fly at the appropriate angle/light source angle,
> >with shadows, etc.

this looks like we will have a hard time defining our requirements.

I for one would like to have the icon set as SVG graphics, with two
variants for dark and light backgrounds (or one which can be used on
both; the current symbols for igate and house are not identifiable on
black background).

IMHO, in times of "retina" displays, pixel art is not as important any
more as it used to be, but this opinion is not going to gain friends
among graphics designers.

73 de Georg DO1GL
--
APRSdroid - Open Source APRS Client for Android | http://aprsdroid.org/m